Thursday, September 5, 2013

106 Days Left to Go - I Know What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

I remember when I was in High School, I contemplated several different career paths. I remember wanting to be a teacher, police officer, and a chef. I went to UH Hilton because I thought I wanted to own my own restaurant one day, except after I graduated, it started to look nearly impossible. I applied to a hundred different companies, and I got rejected even by Burger King, Pappas, and Starbucks.

It started to look bleak until someone gave me a chance, and that someone was someone I interned before back in high school at the Marriott. He was the Food and Beverage Director at the Marriott, but now he was the Food and Nutrition Manager at Memorial Hermann Hospital. I guess it's true that it's the people you know that help you get that foot in the door. After working three years at Memorial Hermann Hospital, which later turned into Sodexo (formerlly Sodexho) I learned that I have more opportunities in my hands now because it's a very large international company. One thing that I have learned after two promotions within the company is that I love what I do. I absolutely love all aspects of my job.

I know what I want to be when I get older and gain more experience.

I want to be a Food and Nutrition Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment