Thursday, July 25, 2013

148 Days Left to Go - Not Going According to Plan

I had a great day at work, got a lot accomplished, and actually loving what I'm doing at work, which is difficult for many people to say. There are many great people who work there and there are a select few that make me smile each time I see them. I am truly blessed to be where I am at in my professional career. Eventually, I would like to move up within the company. I spoke with one of the corporate executives of the company, and he suggests that I continue doing what I have been doing, but also making sure that I am the "go-to" guy. Reason being, the more things I can handle and be responsible for, the more appealing I will look in the company.

So my friend, now roommate, just told me that his basic training isn't until February. We talked about it late tonight about what bothers each other about the other person. It looks like he's gonna be here, with no intention of moving out. He also mentions that his cat, Lukas, will be living with me for six years while he is away. At least Harvey won't be so lonely when I'm at work. He's looking for a job in the meantime, I expect him to pay rent in the coming month.. I'm not sure how long this living arrangement will work, but I can just hope for the best.

As far as how I am going to change my life, let's take a look again of my goals:

  • Lose weight - Workout & Eat Right
  • Gain self-esteem - Lose Weight
  • Figure out what I enjoy doing in my free time. - Test new hobbies until the right one comes.
  • Join a new organization/social group - Would like to Join Kaminari Taiko Houston.
  • See my family more often. - Visit my parents once a week, maybe Tuesday or Sunday.
  • Meet new people - No idea how I am going to do this, but perhaps through my good friends.
  • Be a success at work. - With all the changes that are occurring at work, I need to make sure I am on top of my game. I have to make sure to get all of my assignments done and do everything according to the books. I must make sure to get all my paperwork done too.
  • Find new adventures. - I should look into different events in Houston and the surrounding areas.




No comments:

Post a Comment