Monday, July 22, 2013

150 Days Left to Go - The Beginning of Change

Change can go a long way for someones life. Change can be both good and bad. Change occurs every second of our lives and can alter the future depending on what we decide to do.

I feel like I'm stuck in a constant. I pretty much do the same thing day in and day out, without any intention, motivation or drive to change it. Some might ask why? Because change can be scary, intimidating, and unnerving.

Let me explain my life right now:
  • I constantly work, including most weekends and holidays, with a hope to move up in the company.
  • I have gained 20 lbs since starting my new job at a new location back in April.
  • I have not worked out since the start of the new year.
  • I am helping a friend by having him crash my couch until he can get back on his feet.
  • I adopted an awesome kitten named Harvey Duke.
  • I don't see my family enough.
  • I have some of the best friends a guy could ever ask, but only see them once in a while.
  • I am a frequent regular at a drag bar.
  • Karaoke is part of my life.
  • I am single.
Now that I have laid all of that out on the virtual table, there are some things that I want to change in my life that I hope to be most beneficial:
  • Lose weight
  • Gain self-esteem
  • Figure out what I enjoy doing in my free time.
  • Join a new organization/social group
  • See my family more often
  • Meet new people
  • Be a success at work.
  • Find new adventures.
This is the beginning of my journey toward change. I am unsure how to go about this, but I do know that I need to take one step at a time, find my support system, and maintain my motivation. Right now, it's seeing myself around a group of people that love me on my birthday, but not only them but myself.

-Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment