Thursday, August 8, 2013

133 Days Left to Go - Progress and Mentality

Last Monday, I got to catch up with one of my best friends Raymond. We talked about what has been happening with our lives and what we are currently doing. He's been doing well, got promoted/transferred to the cheese department at Central Market, starting school in a few weeks, and is planning to move out. I'm so proud of him and excited to see where life will take him. I worry though if he will be happy, but I'm sure he will make it so.

He gave me some great advice on my blog and goals. He feels that I say a lot of things, but in doing so, I can easily go back on my own word, because who would hold me accountable. Take for example, my goal in seeing my parents more. What I say is I want to see them once a week, however that might not be very plausible. Realistically, I can see them once every two weeks for sure. I should also let them know about my intentions that way I have someone who can hold me accountable for my goals. I also mentioned to him that I want to make it so that I don't have to think about. I want to be able to go see my parents almost automatically instead of making myself do so.

So I will be taking a nice small vacation to Napa Valley, California in September for my other best friend, Aurora's Birthday. Four night and five days, how exciting. I haven't seen her in quite some time and I absolutely miss her. I realize how much she has helped me grow when she was in Houston.

Tonight some friends and I went to dine at 17, a restaurant in the Sam Houston Hotel, formerly the Alden. The food was good, small portions, and a bit overly priced, but it was the conversations with my friends that I enjoyed about this evening. I'm glad my friends from different points in my life could meet and get along so well.

Next on my agenda for my short term goals for this week:
  • Take Harvey to the Vet
  • Re-sign up for 24 Hour Fitness
  • Visit my parents sometime this week.
  • Go watch Percy Jackson - Sea of Monsters w/ Katie.
To everyone, I wish you a good week full of laughter, love, and spontaneous events.

No comments:

Post a Comment